Paul Horowitz (CEO) has been a Global leader and Senior Partner at both PwC and Deloitte for many years, mainly focused on technology and plans to take these skills to help shape the vision and execution of the MonetaPro platform. Paul’s forte has mainly been around taking nascent digital practices and platforms similar to MonetaPro and building them into robust, billion dollar businesses.
Paul has access to some of the most senior level executives at Fortune 500’s based on his many years as a Partner with PwC and with Deloitte Consulting and as a trusted business advisor to these organizations. Paul has sold and delivered some of the most complex technology-based engagements for the firm and understands how to help clients navigate from strategy through execution along with building global businesses that are highly profitable. That skillset will be critical with what we have planned for MonetaPro.
Paul knows how to build businesses from the ground up, including all front office and back office hiring and managing of high performing teams comprised of some of the best and brightest in the business around sales, marketing, HR, operations, and senior executives.
Paul introduced PwC to sales methodologies including Miller Heiman’s Conceptual and Strategic Selling and plans to establish similar methodologies at MonetaPro.
Key highlights of Paul’s background that are relevant to MonetaPro:
– PwC Technology Leader: Paul took this practice in NYC from 100 people mainly focused on security and controls to become an IT consulting powerhouse focused on the CIO Agenda for Fortune 500’s into a practice of some 3500 people and competing against the likes of Accenture, Deloitte and IBM. Paul was responsible for all operations of the business including all hires for marketing, PR, BDE’s and CRE’s and the leadership team and had responsibility for P+L. This group is now the largest and most profitable advisory based business for PwC.
Under Paul’s leadership, PwC won numerous awards and citations from the likes of Gartner Group, IDC, Forrester, Everest and many of the other top Analysts as having one of the top Technology Advisory firms. PwC was rated in the upper right quadrant of “Leaders” by the highly coveted Gartner Magic Quadrant report for all facets around the CIO Agenda.
– PwC Big Deal Team Leader: Paul formed PwC’s first ever Big Deal Team and lead this group for many years to help close some of the largest marquee deals for the firm and coached BDE’s and Partners in the field. This was a very hands on role and included advising teams with all phases of winning the work from the initial RFI process through to the orals process to the final win for the firm.
Under Paul’s leadership, our win rates for big deals went from 22% to 35% and we trained 2000 partners and staff on a common sales methodology.
– PwC Founder/Leader of Outsourcing/Offshoring Advisory Practice: Paul built this practice from scratch into a $300M global enterprise in under three years. Paul hired some of the most experienced thought leaders in the business to differentiate PwC’s service offering.
Under Paul’s leadership this practice won the highest achievement from the Black Book on Outsourcing Advisors as the Number One Outsource Advisor.
– PwC European leader of Technology: While living in Zurich, Switzerland, Paul built a European-wide $250M hardware/software reseller business in three years that included some of the very best solution architects and technologists around Europe.
Under Paul’s leadership, the firm transacted the largest joint SAP deal ever completed in Europe and under the then CEO of SAP, Leo Apotheker. Paul and Leo went on to close many joint deals together.
– Deloitte Consulting Global Enterprise Applications CEO: Paul led this global enterprise focused on business transformation and including some 3500 people and with $1.5B in revenues. This group was the largest ERP/EA practice of any of the competing firms and also the most profitable business for Deloitte Consulting. Paul and his team also built design and development capabilities in India focused on ERP. This group included SME’s around SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday, Salesforce and Siebel.
Under Paul’s leadership, Deloitte won the top award from both SAP and Oracle as the number one systems integrator, which was a highly coveted award. Paul also sat on SAP’s CEO Bill McDermott’s Board of Partners as an advisor.